1. All prices are room only unless otherwise indicated. An omelette or mini Full Irish costs Eur 6.5 per person or the Full Irish costs Eur 9. Due to social distancing regulations, we can only accommodate a limited number of people during each half-hour time slot. Please let us know your preferred time for breakfast the day before, as time slots will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
In periods where the strictest lockdown measures are in operation in Ireland, we may not be able to offer breakfast. Please check in advance if we are offering breakfast if it is required under “Level 5” regulations.
2. Smoking is not allowed inside the premises
3. Alcohol is only permitted in moderation
4. Check-in is between 3.00 pm and 9 pm. We will attempt to process check-in earlier where possible, but due to regulations regarding leaving rooms unoccupied prior to arrival, we cannot guarantee this.
5. Checkout time on the day of departure is 11.00 am. Late departure from the room/rooms beyond this time may result in a €10 late fee per person or the cost of another night’s stay after 3 pm.
6. Guests agree to be liable for any physical damage to guesthouse property, guest rooms, or common areas and to reimburse the proprietors for any damages caused.
7. Vehicles can be parked in the guest house parking spaces if available. Under no circumstances are cars to be illegally parked beyond the guest house premises. Should there be no spaces available at the guest house, cars should be parked legally elsewhere.
8. Please note that there is no elevator on the property and upper floors are accessed by stairs only.
9. We welcome dogs to the property but have limited availability so this needs to be confirmed in advance of booking. There is a Eur20 charge for bringing a dog and we cannot accept dogs younger than 1 year old, or those that aren’t trained to be quiet in a strange environment or to stay off furniture. Dog owners are required to bring their own doggy bed and bowls.
10. All groups are expected to show consideration towards guests staying at the guest house e.g. keeping noise to a minimum especially at night (11 pm – 7 am), cleaning up the kitchen after using it. When requested, guests agree to vacate common areas, particularly late at night. Guests who continue to make an unreasonable amount of noise will be asked to leave without a refund.
11. In the case of groups staying at the premises, the group leader(s) agree to take responsibility and ensure that their group will adhere to the above. They also agree to be held liable for any charges due as a result of guests in their group causing damage or breaking the above rules. All charges will be made against the credit card provided at booking or against any deposits held, regardless of whether the cardholder is responsible for the noise/damage / late check-out, etc. The cardholder/deposit payer agrees to be liable for all guests checked in under their booking.
13. The guest agrees to pay €10 for any missing keys.
14. Photo ID is required at check-in (Drivers Licence, Passport).
15. Cancellations in the final 2 weeks before check-in will result in the first night’s stay being charged on top of the deposit. Cancellations in the final 4 days before check-in will result in the full amount being charged.
16. A 25% non-refundable deposit is charged shortly after booking.
17. Where guests make a second booking, card details are transferred across to the new booking and all terms are the same.
18. Visitors are not allowed on the property. Depending on room types additional guests may be allowed with prior approval at a charge of Eur 20 per person.
Please note that these terms and conditions relate to all bookings made through any direct channel (over the telephone, by email, in person, through our websites www.portreeguesthouse.ie. Guests should be aware that the terms attached to bookings through third-party booking sites may differ and guests should refer to the terms on the website through which they booked. Any additional terms agreed by mail after booking supersede any terms listed here.
All terms are subject to change as the situation with Coronavirus changes. It is our intention to operate following Government guidelines – guests agree to conform to official guidelines as they change.